Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekly summary - 168th week -- I like this number

168 or "Yat Lou Fatt"!!
It has been 168th week I am writing this blog.
It has been more than 3 years I am writing this blog, amazing. I never thought I ill keep on writing weekly for such as long time. I never thought I am so persistent. Haha!!So did my persistent of my hair loss treatment, I never give up although the progress is rather slow.
While I am thinking the recent improvemnt of my hair loss especially I am so eager to change to a hairstyle that allow me to style or comb my hair without cover too much of my frontal.
Now, I am learning what type of product to style my hair.
This article is a good one. I think glaze is more suitable for me who do not have a thick hair.


Learn how to use the right styling gel for your hair. Learn how to apply it and look great.
Styling gel in hair
Photo Credit: Dennis Steininger
So, you're not too sure on how to use styling gel? Confused on what type of gel to buy? Well you've come to the right place. In this "How To" you will not only learn what the right styling gel is for you hair, you will learn how to apply it so you and your hair will look and feel great! Let's get started!
The first step in the use of styling gels is to "get to know" your hair. Meaning, feel your hair, feel it's texture, know if it's thick or thin. Is it curly, wavy or straight? What type of hair do you have? Is it normal, dry or oily? Is your hair short, medium or long? Is your hair chemically treated? The reasoning behind all of these questions is simply that all styling gels are for different types of hair. You need to be sure you are using the right one in order to achieve the fullest benefit for your hair and the look you want.
After you have established your hair type etc. the next step is to know what type of style you are looking to achieve. Do you want a lot of fullness? Do you like the control a styling product gives your hair? Are you looking for a light hold? A strong hold? Any look can be achieved by following these basic steps. Just take the time to answer all of these questions and you will be well on your way!
Now that you have decided what type of look you want, let's talk about what type of styling gel is the right one for you.
When purchasing your styling gel don't feel that you have to purchase an expensive one to get the look you want. There are so many inexpensive brands to choose from. It really depends on your budget and what you want to spend. Let's go over some different types of gels for your hair and get you started with that great hairstyle!
1. Glaze: A light holding lotion that is good for fine hair. Glaze is also great for curly hair that needs control. It is low in alcohol level so it won't dry your hair out. Using a dime to quarter size drop, apply glaze to the roots of your hair before blow-drying. You can also apply glaze to wet hair all over and let it "air dry". It won't be stiff. Glaze has a lot of versatility.
2. Gel: A strong holding thick product for those who have thicker hair or limp, hard to manage hair. Using a nickel to quarter size drop apply gel to the root of your hair. Make sure if you want a lot of volume you don't get the gel on the ends of your hair. This will only weigh the hair down. You can use gel after the hair is dry to mold and shape the hair for wet or separated looks. Again, applying gel to wet hair and allowing it to "air dry" can give curly hair a separated look.
3. Mousse: This product can vary from a light hold to a strong hold. Make sure you look at the bottle before purchasing. Mousse does contain a lot of alcohol because of how it is released from the bottle so "BE CAREFUL". You don't want to dry your hair out! Apply a golf ball size to the roots of your hair and blow-dry. You can also use mousse the same way as glaze and gel by applying it and letting your hair "air dry".
Finding the right gel for your hair is not really that difficult. Applying it can be easy as well. You just have to "know" your hair and what style you are looking for. Also remembering that "expensive" does not mean better. Getting the basics down can make your whole styling experience a very happy one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the glaze, gel or mousse will have chemical reaction with the rogaine form? and i think we can use the fogaine form to make hair style, right? please correct me if i wrong.

Anonymous said...

i never use rogain foam, but i doubt it will hold ur style ?

Any input Jason ?

Jason said...

Rogaine can not style ur hair.
However, I concern if the glaze,gel can use with Rogaine and do not harm our scalp

My hair condition (2 weeks after Propecia)

My hair condition (2 weeks after Propecia)

Frontal M shape

Frontal M shape