Latest medical, media and legal news on persistent Finasteride side effects
All -- this is Mew, Administrator of Propeciahelp.com.
Over the past number of months there has been a lot of media and medical attention regarding persistent Finasteride side effects, some of which many of you may not be aware of if you do not visit the website or forum on a regular basis.
This email is therefore being sent to Inform you of this recent activity, and also to request your participation in a new study being undertaken by Dr. Irwig, as well as registration for legal initiatives in Canada and the USA.
NOTE: A 2nd, SEPERATE email will be sent to request your participation in the NEW study being conducted by Dr. Irwig on hormonal (Testosterone/DHT) & Fertility parameters in men suffering from persistent Finasteride side effects.
Papers published on persistent Finasteride side effects
Recently, two papers have been published on the topic of persistent side effects from Finasteride:
- December 2010 (Dr. Traish @ Boston University):
Adverse Side Effects of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Therapy: Persistent Diminished Libido and Erectile Dysfunction and Depression in a Subset of Patients
- March 18, 2011 (Dr. Irwig @ George Washington University):
Persistent Sexual Side Effects of Finasteride for Male Pattern Hair Loss
- Video interview with Dr. Irwig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
ANALYSIS: This is a major step forward in medical awareness, and the media has been picking up on the story. Click here to read the media response, including news articles and interviews with Dr. Irwig and Traish.
Propecia USA labeling changes: Depression and Persistent ED
The drug manufacturer recently updated the USA labeling for Propecia to include both depression and persistent ED as a reported side effect from Finasteride use:
PG 2: http://www.merck.com/product/
- "In general use, the following have been reported: breast tenderness and enlargement; depression; allergic reactions including rash, itching, hives and swelling of the lips and face; problems with ejaculation; testicular pain; difficulty in achieving an erection that continued after stopping the medication; and, in rare cases, male breast cancer. You should promptly report to your doctor any changes in your breasts such as lumps, pain or nipple discharge. Tell your doctor promptly about these or any other unusual side effects."
ANALYSIS: This is a major change, in that it updates the USA labelling to match that of the European countries (Sweden, UK, Italy) which have had this verbage for some time.
NEWS VIDEOS on persistent Finasteride side effects
Additional recent media awareness from May 2011 -- VIDEO NEWS STORIES:
ANALYSIS: Media awareness is continuing to grow, especially considering recent litigation in Canada and the beginnings of litigation in the USA.
Class Action Lawsuit / Mass Tort Litigation in Canada & USA
As some are aware, a Class Action Lawsuit was filed in Canada by the lawfirm KLEIN LYONS (http://www.kleinlyons.com) in January 2011, on behalf of Canadian men suffering persistent side effects from the drug.
If you live in Canada / are a Canadian citizen, sign up to participate:
- CANADIANS: SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE IN CANADA PROPECIA/PROSCAR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT >
- Official Press Release
- Official Notice of Claim
- If you are an American citizen living in the USA and have experienced persistent sexual dysfunction / other side effects from taking Propecia or Proscar for male pattern hair loss, please submit your contact info for a possible USA mass tort lawsuit via http://www.
- This potential USA litigation initiative is being spearheaded by a well-qualified U.S. physician and attorney who Is intimately familiar with the drug development and approval process and is beginning to press the FDA to make serious changes to the product label for Propecia. He has already spoken with a number of physicians and researchers, and spent hundreds of hours researching Finasteride to develop the scientific underpinnings and legal strategy for Propecia product liability litigation.
- Additionally, he has been working closely in consultation with an experienced, highly competent U.S. product liability lawyer. A class action or mass tort lawsuit on behalf of PFS patients is complex litigation that requires substantial depth and breadth of legal expertise and infrastructure to support the execution of a well-planned prosecution.
- The Administrators of Propeciahelp.com have evaluated numerous lawfirms. We have also been in touch with this individual and corresponded with his primary legal team numerous times, and feel they are exceptionally well-qualified to lead this type of litigation.
- In support of this, we are asking you to register your contact details via http://www.
propeciaclassaction.com. THE MORE PEOPLE THAT REGISTER AT HTTP://WWW. PROPECIACLASSACTION.COM, THE HIGHER THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS THAT SUCH A LITIGATION WILL BE UNDERTAKEN.
Dr. Irwig's NEW Hormones & Fertility study -- your participation is required!
Having published his paper in March 2011 (Persistent Sexual Side Effects of Finasteride for Male Pattern Hair Loss), Dr. Irwig is now requesting our participation for a NEW study on hormones (Testosterone/DHT) & fertility parameters in young men suffering from persistent Finasteride side effects.
- A second email will be sent to you regarding this study.
- In the meantime, you can read the study details here >
- Thus far only 10 people have participated in the study. In order to publish another paper, Dr. Irwig requires at least 50 participants to submit their bloodwork and fertility test results.
Your participation in this and future research initiatives is sincerely appreciated, as it is the only way we will make progress in getting this condition investigated further, and generating additional medical/media awareness about the problem. Please review the study details and eligibility criteria, and sign up to participate if you are eligible.
Thanks guys. Together, we are making things happen with increasing speed and awareness, moreso then ever before.
PS: We are testing out a new email newsletter service provider -- hopefully there will not be any issues with your ability to receive or read this email. If so, apologies in advance.
PROPECIAHELP - UNRESOLVED FINASTERIDE SIDE EFFECTS